Written by Yealink DECT. Last updated: January 19, 2021
How to set up a Yealink DECT device
This page explains how to set up your Yealink DECT device.
It is important to copy the data exactly as it is shown in the examples. It is assumed that the base station is correctly plugged in and the handsets are properly connected.
Discovering the device’s IP-address
- Go to the telephone’s menu. You can do this by clicking the OK button.
- Select Status and then System status.
- Enter the IP-address from the device in a web browser (on a computer that is connected to the same network). Log in with the username ‘admin’ and the password ‘admin’.
Entering account information
- Go to the Account tab.
- Fill in your internal number under Label and Display name; for example 201 or 202.
- Fill in the Account ID from your VoIP account at Register name and User name You can find this by going to Freedom. Click on Admin and then on VoIP-account. After VoIP-account you will see your account ID.
- Enter the password from your VoIP account in the field Password. In Freedom, click on admin and then on VoIP account. On the right side under filters, change Show passwords to Yes and then click Apply. An extra column containing the password will be displayed.
- Copy the settings from the screenshot shown below.
If you want to add more accounts, where Account 1 now stands, you can select another account and repeat the above steps. Make sure you set Account active to Enabled.
Go to the Account tab and click on Handset name.
Here you can see an overview of the handset names; you can change these as you wish.
Go to the Account tab and click Number assignment.
Here you can see a table where you can indicate which accounts and handsets should be connected. You can set this up for incoming as well as outgoing calls.